Beautiful colonial villa on the coast of Acireale.
The bay is ideally located for those who love nature and want to breathe in the smell of the sea at any time of the day.
Stazzo, the village where it is located, is characterized by black cliffs, interspersed with numerous coves.
The villa overlooks the sea; a private gate gives you access, having gone through a beautiful garden filled with plants and flowers.
The green that surrounds and characterizes the villa, is punctuated by the grey lava stone and the white porch filled with relaxation areas.
On entering the property in fact, after crossing a short driveway, our gaze is attracted by the beautiful garden and patio in front of the living room of the villa: the tables, the sofas, space usage is vaguely reminiscent of the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright.
The interiors are cared for in every detail, the living room in particular: a sofa, two armchairs, a coffee table in glass, a chandelier from the 70s, but above all a huge window, true "Lung" of the House, that unites and makes indissoluble the Interior with the external environment, constitute the essential elements of the villa.
The sleeping area, on the same level, consists of three bedrooms, two with a double bed and one with one single bed. Each with a window overlooking the garden.
The kitchen is equipped with all you need, and two bathrooms with shower complete the rest of the villa.
The villa offers its guests free parking (up to two cars) and can accommodate up to 5 people. The entire villa is coverd by wi-fi.
Price includes: Utilities, linen, cleanings, towels
City tax: 1,50 euros
Minimum stay: 3 nights
Floor: Ground floor
CATANIA APARTMENTS offer you a shuttle service from or to airport of Catania
The cost is euro 60
BOOK IT NOW
3 PM - 5 PM
According to tradition, the city's origins trace back to Xiphonia, a mysterious Greek city now completely disappeared. In Roman times, there existed another Greek town, Akis, which was involved in the Punic Wars. In Ovid’s Metamorphoses, there is a great love between Acis, the spirit of the Acis River, and Galatea the sea-nymph. According to mythology, the tears of Galatea after the death of Ā́cis gave birth to the Acis River, Fiume di Jaci, flowing past Acireale (the ancient Akis or Acium). The Romans called the town Acium, and it was on the main road from Catania to Tauromenium.
In the Middle Ages, the town expanded around the castle (now part of ACI Castello), known as Jachium under the Byzantines, as Al-Yāj (الياج) under the Arabs, and, later, as Aquilia. In 1169, a huge earthquake scattered the population of the mainland, divided between the numerous boroughs of Aci. Another Aquilia was founded in the late 14th century further north, creating the nucleus of the modern city. The only remains of the medieval Aquilia Nova ("New Aquilia") is the Gothic-Lombard-styled portal of the cathedral.
In the 16th century, Emperor Charles V freed the city from feudal ties, creating it as a Crown commune. In the late 16th century, the town had between 6,000 and 7,000 inhabitants. The most ancient document mentioning the Carnival of Acireale dates to 1594. The town expanded its role as a trade center (it was granted the right to hold a Free Market or Fiera Franca) and received numerous new edifices.
Acireale was nearly destroyed by an earthquake in 1693, which substantially halted its economic growth. During the Expedition of the Thousand (1861), which freed Sicily from the kindom of Naples, Acireale was the first town to rebel against the Bourbons. In 1941, it was bombed by the Allies, resulting in many civilian casualties
The church of San Biagio in Acireale contains some of the relics of the Venerable Gabriele Allegra, who had entered the Franciscan seminary in 1918.
Villa Belvedere and Parco delle Terme, two large public parks and "La Timpa", a beautiful natural reserve overlooking the Ionian Sea, offer great nature sights. Piazza Duomo, with its St. Peter's Basilica, is in the main square of the city. There are many beautiful historic Baroque buildings in town, such as Palazzo Pennisi and Palazzo Modò, which date from the 17th century, and Palazzo Musmeci dating from the 18th century. The commercial city center is primarily located in the streets including and adjacent to Corso Umberto and Corso Italia, which are the city's principal thoroughfares.
The Fortezza del Tocco, a 16th-century fort, has been converted to a nature reserve.
|2o guest||3o guest||4o guest||5o+ guest|
|+ €||+ €||+ €||+€|